1. On a mountain in Virgini-a stands a lonesome Pine Just below is the cabin home of a little girl of mine
2. I can hear the tinkling waterfall Far among the hills, Bluebirds sing each so merrily To his mate in rapture trills
1. Her name is June and very, very soon she'll belong to me
2. They seem to say "Your June is lonesome too" Longing fills her eyes
1. For I know she's waiting there for me 'neath that lone Pine tree.
2. She is waiting for you pa-tiently Where the pine tree sighs
In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia On the trail of the lonesome Pine
In the pale moonshine our hearts entwine Where she carved her name and I carved mine.
Oh, June - like the mountains are blue Like the pine - I am lonesome for you
In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia On the trail of the lonesome Pine.