We reserve the right to remove any material that you submit to the Service for any reason without prior notice to you and without liability to us. Our goal is to ensure timely processing services; however, we do not guarantee that your submission will be processed within the expected timeframe. We will not have any liability to you as a result of service outages on the servers or the technology that underlies GoChords, failures of our service providers (including telecommunications, hosting and power providers) computer viruses, natural disasters or other destruction or damage of our facilities, an act of God, war, civil disturbance or other cause beyond our reasonable control.
2. COPYRIGHTS and TRADEMARKS
A. GoChords copyrights and trademarks. This Web Site is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and contains material which is owned by us, unless otherwise stated. All materials published on the website, GoChords.com, including, but not limited to, design, layout, look, trademarks, copyrights, brand identities, characters, appearance, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, sound clips and flash animation and other properties appearing in this website (collectively, “Materials”) are protected intellectual properties that are registered and unregistered trademarks of ChaseCreations LLC and are protected by copyright and trademark laws.
ChaseCreations LLC prohibits use of any of The Materials without its prior written consent. Reproduction of any of the Materials is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Furthermore, all content put on the site by us or subscribers may not be copied, reproduced, publicly displayed, performed, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, added to or used in derivative works or distributed in any way without written consent from the appropriate owner of the copyrights.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Nothing contained on this web site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this website without the written permission of ChaseCreations LLC or a third party that may own the Trademark displayed on this web site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on this web site, or any other content on this web site, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
B. Your copyrights and content: To post work on GoChords, you must be the copyright owner or are posting the song with a license from the copyright owner. For your own protection, please be sure to copyright and protect any material you post on our site. When you share your compositions, third parties will be able to copy, distribute and display Your Content. By agreeing to this you are giving us the right to post your material.
For the sole purpose of enabling us to make the content of what you post on the GoChords website (“Your Content”) available through the GoChords website, you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to store and publicly display Your Content.
3. PAYMENTS and FEES
A. Registration. In order to register, you agree to provide us with accurate and up-to-date information such as an e-mail address You represent that you have legal right to use the e-mail address(es) you provide. Also, you must be 18 years or older to register on GoChords.com.
B. Free Accounts. You can obtain a free GoChords account simply by completing the online registration process. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit and/or change at any time the services and features provided with free accounts, in accordance with Section 1, paragraph 3.
C. Premium (2.go) Accounts and Fees. We offer optional and additional services and features that are available to you in the form of a Premium (2.go) Account Subscription Service. If you choose to sign up for a Premium (2.go) Account with GoChords, your subscription is automatically billed by PayPal on a monthly basis (once each month) until cancelled. We reserve the right to change the Fees or applicable charges once your subscription has expired. We also reserve the right to change our fees at any time for new applicants. If PayPal cannot bill your account, your subscription will not be renewed and access to your Premium (2.go) Account will be blocked. After 60 days of non-payment, the features and premium-only content of the Premium (2.go) Account will be deleted.
D. Premium (2.go) Account Cancellation. If your Premium (2.go) Account is paid-in-full, you may cancel your account and terminate this Agreement with at least 5 days’ notice before your next billing date.
F. Refunds. All of GoChords.com Premium (2.go) Account Subscription Services are prepaid monthly (once each month) and are non-refundable. Subscription Service charges are non-refundable irrespective of non-use. Moreover, upon termination, cancellation, or suspension there is no entitlement to the refunds of any monies.
4. PROHIBITED USES of GoChords.com
You agree that when using GoChords and its services, you will NOT:
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of the Services.
- Use the Services in a manner that results in excessive bandwidth, data transfer or server usage, as determined by GoChords.com.
- Use GoChords.com or the Services in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the GoChords.com website, computer systems, servers and networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the website.
- Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
- Reveal your subscription password to anyone else.
- Use anyone else's password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your subscription account and password. Unauthorized access to GoChords is a breach of these Terms and a violation of the law.
- Charge others to use the Services either directly or indirectly.
- Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, copy, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software used or provided by GoChords.com in connection with the GoChords.com website or Services.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any data through any means from the GoChords.com website or Services, except the extent to which we have indicated our intention to provide or make it available to you.
- Send, receive, or download messages or materials that are inappropriate or violate the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, including ChaseCreations, LLC, the owner or GoChords.com website.
- Use the Services for any unlawful purpose or to violate any federal, state, international code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable to the Services or the Site.
- Upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use this Web Site for illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any GoChords service providers.
- Transmit any User Content that is unlawful, deceptive, misleading, false, counterfeit, stolen, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene pornographic, defamatory, racially or ethnically objectionable, or in violation of the personal privacy right of another.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal right of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Advertise or solicit any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Conduct or forward surveys, spam, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a forum that you know or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such matter.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; or restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the forum.
- Upload, post, e-mail or distribute any User Content that contains software viruses or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
GoChords makes no representations or warranties that use of this web site will be uninterrupted, error-free or completely secure. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from this web site is free of viruses and other potentially harmful devices.
1. BULLETIN BOARD and PUBLICALLY POSTED INFORMATION
If you register as a member of the GoChords website please remember that anything you post is available to the public.
A. User Name. The user name you have chosen is visible to all users of the Site. If you visit another member’s user page, your user name will appear on that page. GoChords is not responsible for nor does it control the use of any information or content or that you have exposed to the public through this site.
B. User profile. Your user profile, and the information you choose to include in your profile, will also be available to other users of our chat rooms, forums and to visitors that access your personal user page. We will not share any other information.
C. E-mail and your security. E-mail submissions over the Internet may not be secure. Please consider this fact before e-mailing any personal or confidential information. You acknowledge and agree that any files or other materials obtained from or through this Web Site are not guaranteed to be free from computer viruses or other harmful defects.
2. DISCLOSURE and REMOVAL of INFORMATION
If you use our bulletin board services, or message or communication facilities (collectively, the "Forums"), you agree to use any Forum only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to that particular Forum.
GoChords is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If GoChords.com asks you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A. What we collect: We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
B. What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
C. Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Safeguards: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies: A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
E. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest; this does not signify that we endorse the website(s). However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from GoChords.com.
4. CONTACTING GoChords
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the terms and privacy policies.
5. REPORT VIOLATIONS and REQUESTS for REMOVAL
We respect the intellectual rights of all artists and hope and expect everyone to do the same. If you believe that material you own has been copied and made accessible in a manner that violates your intellectual property rights, please notify us and make a request for removal.